Re: Jonathon's 6" Coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:51:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: H.S. J. <hsheltonj@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Jonathon's 6" Coil (fwd)

Well, Since we are on a roll with formulas, here is a more accurate formula for spark length given to me a while back by Bart:

Spark Length (inches) = sqrt(VA) + sqrt(eJ x BPS x 1.263)

Where:
VA = input volt amps = transformer effective input power.
eJ = effective cap energy in joules = 0.5 x C(tank) x eVp^2.
BPS = break per second.
eVp = effective cap voltage = x_vp*(1-pow(2.7182818,(-rsg_fr/rsg_t1))).
x_vp = transformer peak output voltage.
rsg_fr = rotary gap firing rate (1/bps).
rsg_t1 = time for cap to charge to one time constant based on cap size and transformer current.

Hope that helps^^

-Shelton