Re: Furukawa tex E triple

Hi Vladi,

Haven't tried it. The wire itself is copper wire like any other, but the dielectric formulations are always where the technology is changing. It's probably good wire, although I didn't bother to detail specific specs. Most manufacturers, at least the big ones, have an incredible variation of dielectrics, layers, thicknesses, etc. For Tesla Coils that stay nice and cool during operation, I've never really understood the need for super high thermal properties. The dielectric constant and abrasion resistance is something that I do like to keep my eye on.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "vladimiro mazzilli" <vladmiro.mazzilli@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

Has anybody had experience using Furukawa wires for secondary windings?

It seems to be very good compared with conventional magnet wire. Look at the link below

<http://www.furukawa.co.jp/makisen/eng/product/fwxe.htm>http://www.furukawa.co.jp/makisen/eng/product/fwxe.htm

Cheers

Vladi