Re: FROM HAL - Starfish Spinner

Original poster: "Dr.Hankenstein" <Dr.Hankenstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear future spinner wizards,

Don't just read about it; try it!

The spinner I gave Chris at the Teslathon (Arizona WWT 2007) was something
I made nearly 35 yrs ago, and it works great. (his new style with the jet
turbine exhaust pipes works even better, and is very interesting) All I did
with mine was ping the middle with a center punch and balance it. The trick
for low friction seems to be a very pointed needle-end for the stinger on
top of your tesla coil. Jewels won't work because a "real jewel movement"
is really nothing more than a really hard rock........and rocks are really
good insulators!....thus they will burn up. Also, make it as light as
possible: one made out of thick aluminum foil and well balanced will pick
up enough speed that to fly off the top of the coil in very short order.
(This happened to me with my small 811A coil that was producing only 3-4
inch sparks at the time.) After all, your moving an electron ion
field....not a car!

Have fun!

Regards,
Dr. Hankenstein