Re: Update / pictures

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx In a message dated 3/4/07 1:10:19 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Original poster: Dan Williams <coilerdude@xxxxxxxxx>

Well, after a week of break time I got back into the VTTC again and
had limited success today!  My 813 VTTC now makes about 12" swordlike sparks!

If you look at the pictures at

http://www.coilerdude.20m.com/photo4.html

You will see that it is one smoking VTTC!!! (literally)
When I put this coil together it was from junk.  The secondary is
wound on what was part of a clown's balloon inflator, it is mounted
to the wood platform using 2 metal lag screws which I (OOPS!) forgot to remove!

The smoke thank goodness is from the wood and not my secondary!

I also include pix of my other projects.

Any good and or bad comments greatly appreciated.

Dan,

Everything looks quite good to me.  Although you said you used
junk, the parts are carefully assembled, well thought out regarding
placement, and nicely finished.  So it may be made from junk,
but doesn't look like junk.  Everything looks neat.

John

Dan