Re: qualifications

Original poster: "Drake Schutt" <drake89@xxxxxxxxx>

Hey Jim,

just search around your local lowes/home depot/walmart for some plain aluminum tape, as wide as you can find it. I've had luck at all three places. Al tape seems to usually be with the rest of the tape and in the painting area at lowes/home depot. Wally world is the cheapest i've found so far (no suprises there). As far as conductivity goes, the sparks are breaking down inches or feet of air, so hundreths of an inches of adhesive doesn't really matter. A solid metal surface might give you a bit more performance but tape is tried and true. Works great on david rieben's green moster coil that spits 8 foot arcs! A quick, easy, cheap, and effective topload can be made by wrapping aluminum ducting around two pie pans bolted together. Cover the whole thing in aluminum tape and you're good to go!

good luck!
Drake Schutt