Re: Tesla Coils in North Texas?

Hi Mark,

Is this for the Star Wars game up and coming (my son's a big 360 user), too bad you're not based out of Modesto (i.e., George Lucas home town). Lot's of "sparks" in Modesto, at least at my house. But yes, there are likely a lot of sparks in Dallas. If you really want to listen to some really BIGG spark sounds, look up Kevin Eldridge in Oklahoma (not too far away). I'm not sure of the status of Kevin's BIGG coil at this time, but certainly worth a call. Of course, some are far more private than others, but it never hurts to ask. Many are more than willing to have a little sound fun (whatever it takes to run their coils is a good thing).

Here is Kevins' website info.
http://www.tb3.com/tesla/biggg/

Best of luck (whatever I can do to make my 360 experience even better),
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Mark Kilborn <markkilborn@xxxxxxxxx>

Hey everyone, I'm a sound designer based in Dallas. I'm working on an upcoming title for Xbox 360/PS3, and I need to record some electrical sounds for it. I was hoping to find someone who owns a tesla coil or another similar device in the Dallas area, and who would be kind enough to let me record some sounds from it one day. I would be happy to buy lunch or dinner and some drinks for whoever the person would be.

If you believe you could help me with this, please drop me a line at markkilborn@xxxxxxxxx or give me a call at (214)906-0277. Thank you very much for the help!