Re: My second coil attempt, advice?

Adam,
The .75in. total spacing I use, is to make my primary tap easier to move around (I am using some random clip thing I found, I don't know what it is for, but it is a copper/aluminum alloy, and it is too wide for 1/4 in spacing). I am out of tubing, could I use a couple strands of 12 AWG house wire? I have tons of that, and I could insulate it in some PE tubing (that costs 15 cents a foot!) I have used a similar method for the inter-power supply connections, and have not been shocked. I have a shop vac, that "died" but still runs, so I could construct a SG similar to the one you showed me, I don't know if "power arcing" is a problem for me as I have not actually looked (it wouldn't suprise me though), and I cannot check until it stops raining here. If the new blower does not help, I will build a sucker gap, and see how things go. Thanks
Scott "

Nothing wrong with making a temporary primary with your #12 wire (stripped to make connections easier) until you find the proper dimensions and number of turns.

Ed