Re: My second coil attempt, advice?

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

I use a strip of copper foil (30g) for my primary connections, and wrap it around the copper tubing, but thanks for the fuse holder idea....I think it would make an excellent clamp to hold the foil in place.
Mike

Hey Scott,

           Find a 1/4" fuse holder and use half of it for a tap.
That's what I started with and it works. I think I figured that out
from this list. It used to be a common thing to use. I'm using a 3/8"
fuse holder now for Mike's and mine 9"(salvage from DC's 05
Teslathon) coil and it's handling the current. Wer're running at 12kv
to 16kv at .6 amp(90 amp variac 0 to 140%) bombarder and reaching
close to 14' arcs for a 1/2 an hour, it gets hot but it holds up. It
helps to bring that blast of energy tight into the secondary so go by
the standards, 1/4" tubing 1/4"  space between. Hope this helps

Stan

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
<http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097;_ylc=X3oDMTFtNW45amVpBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzEEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0wNw-->Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.