To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:34 AM
Subject: Re: Wireless Power Transmission

Original poster: "Drake Schutt" <drake89@xxxxxxxxx>

Well I always watch this debate whenever it comes up, but this time I have a question.

Can someone please explain to me how TC's transmit electricity and why they're so inefficient, in terms that someone with a basic knowledge physics (AP next year!) and precalculus could understand? Also what is it that proponents of wireless power transmission propose we do to 'light up the world' and why is this "against the laws of physics", as i believe a lot of people say? One last question- I remember hearing that when a coil is tuned for maximum energy transfer it produces minimal sparks, is this true?

thanks for any responses, I'm sure there are answers in the archives but I'm too lazy to sort through all of the flame wars.

Drake Schutt