Re: Jacobsladder-Oscillator

At 09:05 PM 3/29/2007, you wrote:
Original poster: "Kurt Schraner" <k.schraner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

At 05:24 PM 3/28/2007, you wrote:
Original poster: "Kurt Schraner" <k.schraner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
<snip>

Hi Jim,

Sorry Jim, I've to disagree respectfully. I think, in the speed of answering, happened a little error: In my physics textbooks I read:

1 amp, 1 meter spacing, 1 meter long, = 2*1e-7 Newton
(which is connected with the definition of the Ampère)
And the formula for magnetic force between 2 (long-)parallel wires:

You're right... Oh well.. just off by 7 orders of magnitude.

Ignore all my speculation then.. microNewtons isn't going to do it.

By calculation I get around 0.4 Newton. And the wires were attracting, not repelling each other, in the experiment below. There was also no measurable current, except at the very end of the movie, when we intentionally provoked a spark.

You're right...

An experiment, proposed by Gerry Reynolds, which also is
demonstrating the electric/elecrostatic-force influence, was posted
yesterday.

Better, I had given the archive link before:
http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2007/Mar/msg00635.html
...or, at least the link to the (3.6M)movie:
http://twfpowerelectronics.com/~kurt/InductionCoils/P1000678.MOV

Thanks, and best regards,
                        Kurt

Thank *you* for catching a truly egregious error..

Jim