PSPICE IGBT modeling

Original poster: "Kurt Schraner" <k.schraner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

can I get an idea, how to model the IGBT (-bricks) in PSPICE, from one of you solid-state coil experts?

I'm currently using Microsim 8 (student version), and if I have to speculate about the power circuit of an idea, I'm mostly building up the simulation, based on timed switches. Anybody can help me to find a better, less cumbersome and more realistic way to do that? Are you introducing published Spice models of IGBT's in local PSPICE libraries? Using other programs? Buying the unlimited ORCAD... etc.?

Thanks for giving me some practical tipps, how to deal with the problem.

Cheers,
        Kurt