Re: is this the correct piggy?

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

This will work as a good deal as long as it is "certified/tested PCB free". If not, we carry them for $125 so a short pickup truck or van ride to Wis. Dells, WI would get you on the boat. Our xmfrs put out 14.4 kV as opposed to the 12.470 kV this unit is rated at.

Dr. Resonance

I found this Indiana based company called Equipment Resale Inc. selling pole pigs as well as other transformers. I live close enough to this location that it's reasonable for me to go pick one up but first, if someone who knows more about pole pigs than I do can take a look at this pig and confirm that it is the correct pig for coiling applications I would appreciate it. I'd hate to go drop $300.00 on this thing only to find out that I can't use it for some reason. I realize I could use a transformer smaller than 15KVA but i chose this model because (I think) it matches the 15KVA pig outside my house. The website is here.

http://www.equipmentresale.com/category.html?dept_id=110019

If there are any other coilers or HV enthusiast in or around Indiana you might want to check this place out if you're looking for a transformer. The transformer I'm referring to is 1/3 of the way down the page marked:

 0015 15 KVA Westinghouse Pole Mount Transformer
4 available, $300 each, Single phase, S/N G534157-66Y, 15kva, voltage rating 7200/12470Y-120/240, 60 cyc, /YD item