Re: SGTC

Original poster: Slurp812 <slurp812@xxxxxxxxx>

Yes! but I have no idea how or why such conditions would exist in a TC
circuit but I bet it would have something to do with current and
voltage being out of phase, as in just about any reactive circuit. I
have lots of electronic background, but very little TC
experience/knowledge, thats why I am here!!

     Thank you!
     This scenario makes sense, as you could consider the caps in
parallel with the same voltage on each. As such, there would be no discharge.
     But the same thing could occur *within* an MMC, or mutli-plate
cap. This is why we coilers put bleeders across each individual cap
in a bank that is accessible from the outside.
     The question then is, "How do we end up with the peculiar
situation of equal but opposite voltages on two parts of a series cap
bank in TC service?". And "Is the Equidrive configuration more prone
to this phenomenon? If so, why?"

-Phil LaBudde