Re: tesla and fusion

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

I looked at this guy's website and his explanation of it....sounds much like pseudoscience. I can't take a guy too seriously who uses the work resonant instead of resonate many times. Heck, I do applaud his trying though.
Mike

Hi Steve,

You may be interested to know that in order to get two interacting
particles to fuse, the nuclei need to approach within an order of
10^-14 m.  This is about 1/10000 of the diameter of a hydrogen
atom.  The nuclear radius of a particle is generally taken to be
1.5*10^(-15)*A^(1/3) where A is the atomic weight of the particle (A
needs to be less than 20 for fusion to occur). The obstacle to having
this occur is the coulomb barrier.  In order to have enough kinetic
energy to over come this barrier and get to about 10^-14 m, the
kinetic energy needs to be:

Ue = 1.44 * 10^5 * Z1*Z2 ev

where Z1 and Z2 are the atomic numbers of the two interacting particles

The temperature needed to get great numbers of fusion reactions is
about 1 billion degrees Kelvin.  The temperature needed to get some
reactions can be as low as 40 million degrees Kelvin but generally it
is thought that 100 million degrees Kelvin is needed for fusion.

Gerry R.

Check out <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;_ylc=X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDbmV3LWNhcnM->new cars at Yahoo! Autos.