Re: Large Plasma Globe Calculations

Original poster: "M G" <gt4awd@xxxxxxxxx>

If the calculations are correct, which is why I had originally posted. Remember that I had only heard someone say a 6" plasma globe "might" send out 4mm streamers in air off the discharge terminal. If someone has a 6" plasma globe, and is willing to break the globe open to find the actual discharge length in air, that would help. Another thing to consider is it might actually take more power with such a large globe. I would assume there could be differences that effect the power requirements for such a larger gas filled sphere.
Matt G.

Subject : Re: Large Plasma Globe Calculations

Date : Tue, 01 May 2007 22:! 50:31 -0600

From : "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>

To : tesla@xxxxxxxxxx

Original poster: "Drake Schutt"

would a 9/60 coil really power i 125 dia sphere nobel gas filled

globe? wow i wouldve thought it would take more to ionize all of that gas....

Original poster: "resonance" <

resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

You need an oven large enough to bake out the globe --- to remove all

the residuals. We also blast ours with argon at 50 kV for 2 hrs to

do the final removal after baking.

The oven large enough to bake a 125 ft dia sphere should only cost a

million $$$ or so. Our oven for up to 40 inch dia. globes, used,

cost us $9,500.00, and we got a "good deal" on it.

Dr. Resonance

&gt
;Hi everyone, just wondering if these calculations I made seem to be

>close to correct? I remember hearing someone say that a 6" plasma

>globe would probably send 4mm streamers in the air instead of the

>gas filled sphere. So if that is not correct then these calculations

>would be way off.

>Standard Six Inch Plasma Globe

>& Spark Gap Tesla Coil;

>Compare Chart