Re: A renewing s.s.t.c. direction + tuned vs. untuned

Original poster: Ken or Doris Herrick <kchdlh@xxxxxxxxx>

I've managed to fool my simulation program, to overcome the freebie limitation on transistors, by substituting switches for MOSFETs. I'll ask Chip to post patent-ckt4.jpeg on http://www.pupman.com/current/kcherrick/. That is a simulation of 3 sections of my "exotic" circuit. It's the best by far of the numerous simulations I've been playing around with: 440 KV pk output at 100 us with a "transistor" current of 200 A peak during the 1st 100 us (and only 52 A rms during the first 200), using 4 "transistors" and running from plain-vanilla +/- 150 V rectified-mains.

A couple of other changes to note: R10 changed to 2 ohms, to ease off on the "transistor" current-spikes; and a 2-turn primary coil instead of 3.

KCH