Subject : Re: Flourescent tubes, no resistance?

Date : Fri, 04 May 2007 21:30:54 -0600

From : "Tesla list"

To : tesla@xxxxxxxxxx

Original poster: Mike

I was thinking about this just last week or so. To mimic Telsa's

demonstration of wireless energy transmission, I was thinkg of

hooking a number of old 8 ft fluorescent bulbs in series to get an

artificially plasma conducting channel...I was warned that they

contain some mercury, so it might genterate a small amount of x-rays

in doing this....so I will have my lead underwear on if I do it. I

don't know how a gas inside the bulb would 'burn out' as you suggest

unless it combines the the metals and/or the phospors. I don't that

I'd try using them for the primary tank circuit...possibly the leads

from an NST to the tank circuit, but there doesn't appear in my mind

to be any advantage to that and insulating them would be problematic, I'd think

Mike

Original poster: "M G"

Hi everyone, a while ago I found out that flourescent tubes offer no

resistance to electricity. They must be current ballasted to operate

at the desired amperage. Hooking a mains line directly across a tube

will allow full current draw until the breaker pops. That is if the

tube doesnt blow up first. Not sure if it would do that, but it seems

possible.

My questions is, is it possible to use a flourescent tube as a high

voltage connection for a small tesla/medium tesla coil? Better yet,

some kind of wire that is gas filled, but I'm not sure if such a

thing is even on the market. Where I see this to be useful is in long

connections leading to say, the primary coil. Or for instance, assume

that a ground connection is very far away. Some type of gas filled

electrical connection could be used to connect to the far away

distance without any added resistance.

Of course the obvious problems with using a flourescent tube or type

of gas filled connection is that eventually the gas would burn out,

correct? So the connections would not be permanent, of course, and

would have to be replaced periodically. I guess the real question is,

how thick of a metalic conductor, say copper, is needed to get rid of

noticable resistance, and would this even be worth trying?

No need to miss a message.

Get

email on-the-go

with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile.

Get started.

Love Games? Gamesville is Waiting for You... Free Online Games, Fat Cash $ Prizes Plus Bingo, Solitaire, Poker & Much More! <http://www.gamesville.com?if_Event=LYCOSMAILgvilletxt>http://www.gamesville.com