Re: Hand cranked Tesla Coil?

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

I'm guessing this request is for a portable device,
but if human powered is all you're after, how about a
big wind up spring, or better yet, some weights that
could be lifted to some height to "wind it up" then
slowly lowered on a rope or chain which would turn the
generator. You could set up a "table" on a rope or
chain, onto which you could start stacking weights.
Once it's sufficiently loaded to run a large enough
generator, you simply let it fall. The rope or chain
would be wrapped around the generator shaft, or geared
as needed. Could take minutes to "wind up" then
seconds to "discharge". A simple way to overcome the
horsepower requirements, versus people power
available.

Adam

<http://www.gamesville.com?if_Event=LYCOSMAILgvilletxt>http://www.gamesville