Re: Flourescent tubes, no resistance?

Original poster: Slurp812 <slurp812@xxxxxxxxx>

Original poster: "M G" <gt4awd@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi everyone, a while ago I found out that flourescent tubes offer no
resistance to electricity. They must be current ballasted to operate
at the desired amperage. Hooking a mains line directly across a tube
will allow full current draw until the breaker pops. That is if the
tube doesnt blow up first. Not sure if it would do that, but it seems possible.

NO resistance? I didn't think there was such a thing, I would assume
its very low, and that is also why coilers hold the glass when
lighting them up with a TC. I cant wait to get my coil going!!!!