Re: A renewing s.s.t.c. direction + tuned vs. untuned

Original poster: Ken or Doris Herrick <kchdlh@xxxxxxxxx>

For anyone following this... Turns out one should include crossover-delay elements in the gate drives: the usual diode paralleled by a resistor. Also, that "Commutation capacitor" element (at the right of the schem.) is not a good idea. And lastly...my sim program does allow for 2 MOSFETs in this ckt so I put in 2, ST STE40NK90ZDs for S7/D11 and S8/D12. Having done that, the output voltage attained dropped >>way<< down.

Have to look into that. Also...the transistors turn off @ high current; not so good. Have to snub them--somehow.

Working on that.  Maybe that's why my prior assy gave up the ghost.

KCH