Re: Photos 108 kva twin coil

Hi Syd,

Fantastic photo's and coil! I probably got to this late as I just returned from a 7 day outage. Wow, a lot of power there. Thanks for sharing your construction photo's as well. Looks like the "Giant Purple People Eater"! I found the gap, the diode array, and lots of other neat odds and ends very interesting. Wish I could get down there to Southern Cal. It would be really great for anyone down that way to take a look. Excellent job with that coil and those powerful long sparks. It's so cool to see a coil run at those big power levels.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: syd <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Just put a few photos up of my new twin coil called 'Cauac Twins' on my web site; <http://www.playahearth.com/secondpage.htm>http://www.playahearth.com/secondpage.htm In these photos shot a Coachella Art and music festival last weekend I was running at a power level of 108 kva. Input was 480 volt three phase rectified to DC charging new custom designed shiny polyprop dry capacitors and a brand new spark gap. Also using new rectifier stacks capable of 9 amps continuous at 75 kv. Towers are 16 feet tall and spaced at just under 40 feet apart. I'll be posting some HD video soon of them running where an interesting phenomenon is occurring.

I will also be running them THIS weekend May 5th and 6th, 2007 at the <http://stagecoachfestival.com/>Stagecoach Country Music festival if anyone in southern california would like to come check 'em out. I'll be running them at even higher power if all goes well.