Re: RE: Teletype motor (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 19:53:30 EDT
From: FutureT@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RE: Teletype motor (fwd)

In a message dated 5/14/2007 4:37:31 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

How much phase change (shaft position WRT no  adjustment) did you get?
Variacs without gaps in the core are more  nearly variable saturable reactors than
inductors I should think.   Wondered about the PHISH for the last several
posts.

Ed

Ed,

For a 3600 rpm motor, almost 90 degrees of shaft phase shift is  obtainable
using the phase shifter circuit.  For an 1800 rpm motor, almost 45  degrees
of shaft phase shift is obtainable.  Both are equivalent to  almost 90 degrees
of electrical phase shift.  I removed the PHISH (don't know how it  arose).

John