Re: inductance calculations (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:34:58 EDT
From: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: inductance calculations (fwd)

Hi Wyatt, Ron, All,

IF you are old enough, or have done enough research, there IS a direct
conversion, as used in early electrical work. Tesla used these terms in CSN and  in
many of his patents.

AS USED BY TESLA: 1 cm of inductance is 1 nH of inductance.
AS USED BY TESLA: 1 cm of capacitance is 1.111... pF of capacitance

The derivation for this is, I believe, somewhere  in  the list archives.

Hope this helps,

Matt D.
Oldfart & occasional student of electrotrivia.

In a message dated 5/21/07 3:12:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,