Re: Odd streamer photograph (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:59:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: M G <gt4awd@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Odd streamer photograph (fwd)

p {margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;}
Bart, I noticed the large amount of what I remember being called, "Pixel
noise". Is this because the camera can capture ions not visible to the
eye, or some other reason due to the cameras capabilities?

About the vertical streamer being influenced magnetically in some way.
This was also my guess. Except my thinking was it reached the end of the
coils strongest magnetic field, and decided to follow the edge of it.
Your guess seems more likely to be the real cause of the vertical
streamer though.

Is it a good guess that the streamers follow an outward path because this
is the direction of the electromagnetic force?

Another question. A Tesla Coil emitting streamers into the air is still a
complete circuit isn't it? The ions are following an invisible path to
the ground because of t! he secondaries ground connection. Or am I wrong?

Matt G.