Re: inductance calculations (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 21:01:14 +0000
From: nancylavoie@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: inductance calculations (fwd)

I'm simply trying to follow a formula in the book: ELECTRICITY AT HIGH
PRESSURES AND FREQUENCIES by Henry L. Transtrom.In the book he gives the
old standard for figuring the frequency of an LC circuit....f = 1/ 2x pi.x
the sq.rt. of LxC. He then throws out this one(and I quote): "As most
capacities are reckoned in microfarads,and as inductance can be changed to
centimeters the formula becomes simpler,for then :  f = 5,000,000 over the
sqr.rt. of capacity in m.f x inductance in centimeters." This is found on
pg. 173 of the Lindsay Publications book. I've never seen or even heard of
this but was intrigued enough to want to try and follow his explanation
through to the section where he shows how to estimate the amperage in the
discharge circuit of a coil (looks like he's got an Oudin coil as an
example but I think it's all applicable to a Tesla Coil too).Just
thought(hope) there might be someone out there who was familiar with
this.Thanks.  Wyatt