Re: inductance calculations (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 21:39:40 -0300
From: Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: inductance calculations (fwd)

Tesla list wrote:
> Original poster: List moderator <mod1@xxxxxxxxxx>

I probably posted something about this. The inductance of a straight
wire is around 1 nH per millimeter (not cm), or
1 uH/m (the first value exact for  a 1 mm wire with ~0.01 mm of
diameter, the last value exact for a 1 m wire with ~1.3 cm of diameter).
Long, thin wires have more inductance. Short, thick wires have less.
The capacitance of a sphere (or practically any shape with similar size)
far from other objects is 1.11265 pF/cm of radius.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz