New setup in progress... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 00:34:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: M G <gt4awd@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: New setup in progress...

p {margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;}
Hello list, for a while now I have been slowly working on my new coil
setup after tearing down the old setup, because I thought it was really
cheap looking, and too dangerous. I have a few questions. First of all, I
was finally able to purchase a Miter saw, which will be needed to cut
certain things for the coil, and I would now like to continue building
the setup. I have a eight foot long piece of PVC I would like to cut up
into equal segments for the primary coil support. Considering it is only
eight feet, and the primary will be made with .25" copper tubing, should
I just make six supports? I think eight supports at only a foot long
would be pushing it too close.  Instead  I could use six supports at
about 13.50" and have room for error.

Second question, what tool should I use to! make accurate and
"professional" looking slots for the primary support. I'm really not sure
what to do here, because I would like it to "snap" in as people have
talked about on the list. I am very limited in tools. A Dremel, Miter
saw, and electric drill are about the only tools I could see working for
this. The Dremel seems not the best idea as it would literally take hours
to grind the slots, and multiple grinding stones. The Miter saw seems
like it may be a good choice, but I am unsure. The drill, well not sure
about the drill, unless there is some sort of attachment for this job.

Third, I recently made a 10-12" diameter sphere topload out of a
Styrofoam ball and aluminum tape. The stores labeling said 12" sphere but
it seems to small to be a 12 incher. Is this likely to make a decent
topload, or should I expect it to burst into flames at some point?
Styrofoam is really not that hard to light on fire, I do not believe.

Lastly, I have a 2(hot/neutral filter! ed)x10amp RFI filter that is rated
up to 240volts. Can I calculate the difference in amperage at 115 volts,
and push more amperage through it? Not that I require more amperage at
this time, but it would be nice to know.

Thanks,
Matt G.

Love Games? Gamesville is Waiting for You...
Free Online Games, Fat Cash $ Prizes
Plus Bingo, Solitaire, Poker& Much More! http://www.gamesville.com