Re: Nitrogen absortion. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 09:58:44 -0500 (CDT)
From: Gerardo Lezcano <lez_gera@xxxxxxxxx>
To: List moderator <mod1@xxxxxxxxxx>, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Nitrogen absortion.

Please visit:

  http://homepage.ntlworld.com/forgottenfutures/tesla/tesla.htm

  Quote:

  Not the least ingenious of Tesla's great schemes is his invention to fertilise impoverished land by electricity. When Tesla has a company formed to put this invention on the market it will no longer be necessary for the farmer to spend half his year's receipts in purchasing fertilisers. He has only to buy an electric fertiliscr of his own, which he can secure for a trifle at the nearest town.   Dumping a few loads of loose earth into the fertiliser, it comes out at the other end, ready to be spread over the surface of the impoverished ground, where it will insure for the Eollowing season the luxurious crop of the virgin soil.   The explanation which Mr. Tesla gives of just why so simple a piece of work should be productive of such wonderful results is not difficult to comprehend. " Everyone knows," says he, " that the constituent of a fertiliser which makes the ground productive is its nitrogen. Everybody knows also that nitrogen forms four-fifths of the volume of the
 atmosphere above that piece of unfertile land. This being the case it occurred to me: 'Where is the sense in the farmer buying expensive nitrogen when he has it free of cost at his own door? All the agriculturist needs is some method by which he can separate some of this nitrogen from the atmosphere above the ground and place it on the surface.' And it was to discover this means that I set to work."

List moderator <mod1@xxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
  No, I've never heard of that. There are nitrogen fixing bacteria in
legumes though.

Chip

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Gerardo Lezcano wrote:

> Looking for information about Tesla's method for using nitrogen in atmosphere to fertilise soil. Got any schematic or principle of operation?
> Thanks,
> -GL.

> Correo Yahoo!
> Regístrate ya - http://correo.espanol.yahoo.com/