Re: Fluorescent Tubes Not Recommended (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 14:22:18 EDT
From: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Fluorescent Tubes Not Recommended (fwd)

In a message dated 5/24/07 10:08:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Dr.  Tesla used an artificial atmospheric pressure of 135 mm Hg in a
sectional  50-foot long evacuated glass tube to collect data about the
properties of  air plasma.  Note that the rarified gas inside of the 3"
diameter  sectional glass tube was plain air.  No other substances such as
mercury were added as that would have altered the air's  conductivity.

"I took a tube 50 feet long, in which  I established conditions such as
would exist in the atmosphere at a height  of about 4 1/2 miles, a height
which could be reached in a commercial  enterprise. .

Hi All,

Prior to WW I, there was negligible data available on the atmosphere  at high
altitudes.
The atmosphere was assumed at that time to be spherical.  It turns out  that
it is oval
in cross section so that the pressures he needed occur at an altitude  of
4.5 mi.only
at the north and south poles and are at 10-11 miles at the equator. For  most
"coiler-inhabited" regions of the world, this means an antenna of 6 to 9
miles in height;
even today, a formidable engineering feat.

Matt D.