strike rail mystery. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 20:41:13 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: strike rail mystery.

Hey folks,
    Ok, I was running my coil, and my shoddily connected strike rail wire
came disconnected from my strike rail and I noticed something very odd.  My
strike rail arced to the wire.  The rail is not a complete turn, there is
about a 3-in gap between the ends.  I'm thinking maybe this is an indication
of poor RF grounding, as that is the only thing both the rail and the
secondary are directly connected to.  But I am not sure.  Any input would be
appreciated, thanks.
Scott Bogard.

Live Hotmail.