capacitor charging & SG question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 18:26:05 -0400
From: John <guipenguin@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: capacitor charging & SG question

Hello. It's been many months since I was into doing the math and
calculations for my tesla coil. I am getting back into it now.

If I have make a bank of 11 50KVDC (~20KVAC) strontium titinate
ciramic caps giving a total parellel capacitence of 0.01uF  (which is
about perfect for an LTR capacitance for my 12kv/30mA NST)

Will the max storage voltage of this bank (and what I should set for a
static air gap) be 12kv?

It's like if I had a 9 volt battery I wouldn't be able to change up a
photo flash cap more than 9 volts. So with this assumption should I
set my static spark gap at just under the breakdown of 12kv?

Thanks,
John.

BTW, I know these caps will slowly loose capacitance over time....its
what I'm working with ATM.