Re: My TC Website (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 13:08:08 -0500
From: futuret@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: My TC Website (fwd)

Scott,

Your website looks good.? My original spark length formula is:

???? spark length (inches) = 1.7*sqrt input power (watts).??

It should be thought of a maximum spark length?in most cases, but some well designed coils
will do a little better.? I've sometimes used 1.8*, or 1.9*, or 2.0*, etc., for various
situations.? The formula is not meant to predict the output length of a particular coil,
but is a guide to longest spark that might be obtained given good design and
construction.? Some folks like to think of the input in VA rather than watts.

John Freau