Starting out, interested in a solid-state coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 17:56:36 -0500
From: Tom Strong <strong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Starting out, interested in a solid-state coil

I'm just getting started with tesla coils and I'm interested in
constructing a solid-state coil for a science class demonstration.
It doesn't need to be big, just large enough to be audible in the
back of the room when I modulate it with an audio signal.

I've been looking around on Google and the like and getting a lot of
hits for various designs, the question I have is which ones are good
designs?  Any recommendations on where to start the serious research?

Thanks.

--
Tom Strong
strong@xxxxxxxxxxxx