RE: Model rocket builders (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 11:14:44 -0500
From: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: deano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Model rocket builders (fwd)

Yes, i am a level 2 high power rocket enthusiast.

McMaster is way expensive.

You can get some much less expensive tubing from Giant Leap Rocketry.

BE SURE TO TELL THEM DANIEL MCCAULEY REFERRED YOU.

A 60" long 2.14" DIA fiberglass wound tube cost $66.00

Dan

Hi

Are there any model rocket builders on this list?

The reason I ask is I am considering getting some spun fiberglass tubing
to use as a coil former for a ballast inductor for a pole mount
distribution transformer. Mcmaster has some 2 1/4" O.D. G-10/FR4 rated
at 335 degrees Fahrenheit but it only comes in 39" lengths for 104
dollars. I have found some model rocket stores on the web which sell
airframe tubing for much less.
One place has some stuff called G-12 for approx. 20 dollars/foot but I
cannot find any technical data on G-12.

The magnet wire I have for the coil is rated 200 degrees Celsius, and I
would like to have my former and spacer material as close to that as
possible so I can push the limit on current.

TIA
deano