From: Dave Pierson <davep@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Wireless Energy Transmission Follow-up (fwd)

That's not an exact description of what I'm doing, which is 1) determining if a wireless connection can be established between a Tesla coil transmitter and a Tesla coil receiver over a distance exceeding a few wavelengths and if so, 2) is the energy propagated to some degree more or less by means other than "standard radio waves."

. . . and that's not a valid measurement since in the case of the wire alone there was probably a large impedance mismatch and signal loss while the matching might be much better in the resonant case.

The reason for using the radio receiver alone with just an ordinary antenna, i.e., without the Tesla coil receiver existing as part of the receiver circuit, is to determine the "standard radio wave" output power in the form of radio space waves of the Tesla coil transmitter.

I'm still unclear, I fear, on how the 'Tesla coil as receiver' will 'not' pick up the 'conventional' radio waves.

  best
dwp