Re: [TCML] Primary

The smaller the wire the greater its resistance which causes more power loss
in the primary. The large currents in the primary will heat up the small
wire instead of making bigger sparks.
I have had good luck with winding copper tubing. Just make sure you build
some nice supports to snap the tubing in as you wind.
Steve Ward has some good pics on his site.
http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/DRSSTC2/construction/primarysupport1.JPG
http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/DRSSTC2/construction/primarysupport2.JPG
http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/DRSSTC2/construction/primary1.JPG
If you really get frustrated with the Cu tubing a larger gauge wire should
work ok too at your power levels. 4 or 6 gauge wire maybe.

Good luck,
Josh