RE: [TCML] Slow progress.

Tim
     My first primary was 12 AWG wire electrical taped to a 6-in PVC pipe.  I'm sure you could use any type of wire for a primary, but I think you will find that 1/4-in refrigerator tubing is some of the best stuff available.  electricity doesn't travel on the inside of conductors at TC frequencies, so solid wire is a wast of copper, you can have better conductance per unit of copper weight using a tube, which is also easy to bend, my second primary didn't have coil supports, it sat on a rubber mat, and is still holding it's flat spiral shape (although supports would have ensured even spacing).  As for litz wire and the like (anything with insulation), my concern is fabricating a tap for it, bare conductor is better because you can tap anywhere you want.  Just my 2 cents, good luck!

Scott Bogard.