Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 11:33 AM
Subject: [TCML] dry cap voltages and corona

Hi, I have a friend that built a very nice coil, and he made poly flat plate caps and arranged them so each unit saw (approx ) 5kv or less ( figuring 2 X the trans V output of 15K volts ). He has had no failures, and said he read somewhere that with voltages up to 5000v , corona isnt a problem ,... homemade caps without oil sounds intresting, (i have oil filled rolled now ) . any comments on the 5000 volt rule ??

         Thanks,dave