Re: [TCML] Re: Spark gap Resistance

John,

The conclusion however was that energy should be delivered rather
quickly to the secondary and toroid.

But this is not possible with a spark gap system I take it ?....... it is back to the point that higher currents across the spark gap should be better...... but if the losses are more with more current then the current cycles must be a lot lower...... this also brings us back to conduction times across the spark gap , that the longer it conducts the more power is lost...

It would be far easier to accept the spark gap as working better at higher currents (maybe supports the claims that larger coils work better, higher tank cap values.. more current etc).... Though unless real testing can be done with spark gap currents then I guess we will never know for sure.... I know I would sleep a lot better at night if the spark gap could work better at higher currents!

Chris