Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:18 AM
Subject: [TCML] RSG disks - who can make them ?

Hi all,

Can anyone make (for me) a 24" RSG disc and drill a range of holes for my next range of experiments ? My engineering skills are very poor unfortunately , so wonder if anyone has the technology out there to make once accurately or know an engineering firm who could make one...

I was also thinking of a small disk with like a cross section of wood such as...

--O--

( if the ACSII art comes out right)

So I can have holes in the strips to alter the break rate of the electrodes. It could even be made larger but I think balancing is going to be a right pain at 3000RPM!

I know most will think it is a waste of time, though I do not think anyone has really experimented with break rates/dwell times. I would however like to conduct my own testing and document the results for the list...

Cheers,
Chris