Re: [TCML] Tesla Coils and Stents

Hey there Jim and coilers...

I had three stents placed in August of 2K5, and have not changed my coiling habits at all. I do med large coils, and have had no issues. I never did "Megavolt style" demos, in Faraday suit or cage, and still don't.

Of interest though, I have added a Van de Graaff generator to my demos, as of early 2K7. I regularly pass shocks through me to thousands of people (Jimmy Kimmel included) and have suffered no ill effects. (See www.johndyer.com/makerfaire_2k7.htm ) I just chatted with my cardiologist about this. He didn't feel that I raised my risks significantly. Although it did prompt a great philosophical discussion of risk vs. reward on many issues! I notice that a few days after one of these marathon demos, like the Maker Faire, my point of contact, the back of my hand, some little dark freckles appear and then go away. I have even developed some tiny water blisters at the most frequent point of discharge. This is with a VERY large (22" ball) generator. It does give one a healthy wallop!

Happy Thanksgiving to ye all! Chip, you have created and maintained one of the best and most interesting group of people and knowledge I have seen on or off the web. You and the rest of this group are a big part of what I am thankful for.

Cheers -- I'm John Dyer
www.johndyer.com