Re: Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil Output Hazards, Skin Effect?

>     Fink's "NEON SIGNS"  [~1934] makes the strange remark that a 15 kV
> 60 ma transformer can't electrocute anybody and that the main danger is
> falling off 'the elevated platform'.  I'll be he never ran the
> experiment!  I've always been deathly afraid of them myself even though
> logic says one would probably survive.
>
> Ed

The colloquial observations from a few NST manufacturers is that a 15/60 neon will kick HARD - and you'll wind up with burns on your hand (or wherever you joined to the HV) and a cone shaped core of dead skin on the bottom of your foot where the charge left you for earth. That cone shape takes months to 'grow out'. I'll believe them - I've never experienced it myself!

PeteR