  From: John Dyer<mailto:jd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 9:31 PM
  Subject: Re: [TCML] Tesla Coils and Stents

  Hey there Jim and coilers...

  I had three stents placed in August of 2K5, and have not changed my
  coiling habits at all.  I do med large coils, and have had no issues.  I
  never did "Megavolt style" demos, in Faraday suit or cage, and still don't.

  Of interest though, I have added a Van de Graaff generator to my demos,
  as of early 2K7.  I regularly pass shocks through me to thousands of
  people (Jimmy Kimmel included) and have suffered no ill effects. (See
  www.johndyer.com/makerfaire_2k7.htm<http://www.johndyer.com/makerfaire_2k7.htm> ) I just chatted with my
  cardiologist about this.  He didn't feel that I raised my risks
  significantly.  Although it did prompt a great philosophical discussion
  of risk vs. reward on many issues!  I notice that a few days after one
  of these marathon demos, like the Maker Faire, my point of contact, the
  back of my hand, some little dark freckles appear and then go away.  I
  have even developed some tiny water blisters at the most frequent point
  of discharge.  This is with a VERY large (22" ball) generator.  It does
  give one a healthy wallop!

  Happy Thanksgiving to ye all!  Chip, you have created and maintained one
  of the best and most interesting group of people and knowledge I have
  seen on or off the web.  You and the rest of this group are a big part
  of what I am thankful for.

  Cheers -- I'm John Dyer
  www.johndyer.com<http://www.johndyer.com/>