Re: [TCML] pad mount transformer tesla coil

Clive,

A weight of 1028#, with 41 gallons of oil, and a $1500 price tag plus delivery cost might have something to do with it, especially when you can get a 10 kVA pig from Dr. Resonance for something like $150 or so. Electrically, I don't think there would be any reason why it wouldn't work. Just this particular transformer would be overkill for all but the largest megacoil. You would have to feed it 315 amps at 240 VAC to use its full rated capacity.

Dave

Clive Hansen wrote:
Hello,
Has anybody tried using a padmount transformer to drive a coil? I haven't seen this or heard of anyone using a transformer like this one here: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Cooper-75-KVA-1PH-OA-Pad-Mount-Transformer_W0QQitemZ200130886048QQihZ010QQcategoryZ42881QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

This is merely academic, I just wondered if there was a good reason these aren't widely used.