Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:15 PM
Subject: RE: [TCML] pig Jacobs vrs x-ray transformer

Hello,

Since we are on the topic of high power JL's I used to drive a pretty good
flamer with a 14400v pig @ ~ 12KVA. I have a big 240v/150KV x-ray
transformer that I am converting for this purpose (ac out). I will be
limited to the same power level, at my house anyway. I believe the arc
should start at about a 2" gap, but would anyone like to speculate how the
JL will perform at a similar power levels or have practical experience with
a similar setup?

Thanks,
Jim Mora