RE: [TCML] my recommendation for a SRSG motor arbor

David; Thanks for the recommendation of the split taper bushings. I
purchased a couple of 5/8" bushings and found that the fit was very nice
with about .001" slack on the motor shaft. To make it a snug fit I welded
the gap on the two splits, and when the metal cooled, the bore shrank just
enough so that it requires slight tapping with the hammer to slip it onto
the motor shaft. Next I'll drill a couple of holes, tap them, and use set
screws to ensure the bushing stays in place on the shaft. And best of all it
was only $3.

http://fototime.com/3CA58128477D934/standard.jpg

http://fototime.com/BA79773D144E776/standard.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/Browning-G-5-8-Split-Taper-Bushing-NIB_W0QQitemZ32015784
7770QQihZ011QQcategoryZ42924QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem