Re: [TCML] my recommendation for a SRSG motor arbor

Thanks, Terry, I hadn't thought to use a divider before. Your finishing method on the lathe (under reduced power) also sounds good.

Jon

--- Original Message ----- From: "Terry Oxandale"

When I built my first one, I got it pretty close based upon the use of a
divider and scribed arcs to find the center of the disc, then laid the
flange onto this center mark and proceeded to mark the mounting holes.
Then I rigidly mounted the motor/disc assembly in place, and while the
motor rotated under reduced voltage, I used a lathe cutting tool set-up
to carefully turn the OD of the disc until there was no run-out, and
this resulted in a balanced disc. I used a variable AC supply initially
to avoid high RPMs in the unbalanced state until this was done. The G-10
cuts very easily.