Re: Current Distribution Re: Aluminium aka Aluminum Wire (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 01:34:53 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Current Distribution Re: Aluminium aka Aluminum Wire (fwd)

Hi Dave,

No, it's not the same top to base. This distribution of current can (for
a lack of terms at this moment) congregate in an area (or disperse in an
area) as compared to other parts of the winding. The frequency of the
coil is part of that situation. Current nodes do occur, and thus voltage
nodes. Paul's done some great work to explain this better than I can.
One of things that occur is a difference of inductance at Fres as
compared to a semitrical distribution of current where we can easily
measure Ldc. But at Fres, the inductance has changed a bit due to the RF
situation. Javatc shows this as Les.

If your further interested in this subject, I recommend visiting Pauls site:
http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/

Take care,
Bart