Re: double wound secondary (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 03:42:36 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: double wound secondary (fwd)

Something intuitively seems wrong here with a double wound coil having 4
times the inductance.  I don't know the math but I thought that a wide
conductor had a lower inductance. This surely would be the extreme case of n
parallel inductors. Don't forget that it is not the same current that passes
through both coils in parallel (as in a series arrangement when by the
square of twice the number of turns then you would have 4 times the L).
My guess is that inductance does not significantly change with two parallel
closewound coils connected in parallel. Otherwise Litz wire would have a
phenomenal increase in inductance.

Peter
http://tesladownunder.com