Double Throw Spark Gap (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 03:46:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Double Throw Spark Gap

I haven't really been following this thread, so
forgive me if this comment has already been addressed.

Regarding the following circuit:

http://tangent.cluenet.org/~chules/hv/tesla/dtsg.html

Does everyone think the cap can charge adequately in
the same amount of time it can discharge? Without
doing the math, I gotta believe that if one set of
flying electrodes zooms around at several hundred rpm,
the presentation time for the charging portion will be
too short to fully charge the cap. After all, most rsg
coils are charging the whole time they aren't
presenting (well not exactly). I guess you gotta know
the dwell time and the size of the pig feeding this.

Adam